The Trekker Gait Trainer offer varied levels of support for children who require assistance with walking. Gait trainers are designed for individuals who do not have the functional gait skills or postural control to safely and independently use a standard walker. A gait trainer is a wheeled device that assists a person who is unable to walk independently to learn or relearn to walk safely and efficiently as part of gait training. Gait trainers provide the opportunity to improve walking ability. The posterior and anterior models are in various sizes from toddlers to adults. Most fold easily for convenient transport and storage
- Encouraging early cognitive and learning development.
- Cardiopulmonary strengthening and conditioning.
- Reducing flexion contractures.
- Increasing spatial awareness and head control to achieve independent ambulation.
- Teaching individuals to take steps.
The Trekker pediatric gait trainer is extremely versatile allowing a wide range of options and accessories depending upon the needs and abilities of the user. There are 3 models with weight capacities up to 200lb. The Trekker also can be used in the anterior or posterior position providing maximum flexibility.
Accessories that may be added or removed include:
* Forearm platform #TK1035
* Handgrips #TK1045
* Ankle #TK1060 and/or Thigh # TK1090 prompts
* Hip positioner #TK1070
* Trunk support #TK1080
(accessories are sold separately)