Our Polycarbonate mobility scooter canopy is manufactured with a rigid 2mm polycarbonate front screen. The screen is delivered riveted onto your framework, this type of canopy offers all of the same benefits as the other styles, but with increased protection from the outside elements. The screen also comes with UV protection.
Made from 840 PVC backed nylon, with large zippered roll up doors on both sides of the canopy for easy access either side, but have the added advantage of a roll up back window too, allowing for access to batteries or bags at the rear of the scooter. These doors have attachments at the top for keeping the door up if desired. With full windows at the back and the front, and window panels either side, visibility is not impaired, and scooter lights are still visible for use at night.
Important Notes: The canopy is supplied flat packed, to fit the canopy you will need to do some lifting, bending & will also need basic tools & DIY knowledge. The price quoted covers the majority of makes & models however occasionally rare or exceptionally large models may incur extra costs which we will clarify before processing your order. Mobility Scooter canopies are made to order & as such cannot be returned unless faulty or damaged.
We would always recommend that your canopy is fitted by an engineer or an experienced canopy fitter. If you fit a canopy yourself, the Disability Shop will offer no responsibility for damage caused by an incorrectly fitted canopy.
TAKING CARE WHEN DRIVING
- Rain can reduce your visibility in the Mobility Scooter Canopy In severe weather conditions please reduce speed.
- A cloth can reduce some of the excess water or condensation on the PVC.of the Mobility Scooter Canopy
- At night some drivers can experience problems with light reflecting back off the front screen from their headlights. Make sure that adjustable headlights are angled down and drive with the tiller angled further forward.
- Remember that if you get off your scooter in strong winds, your body weight will no longer be keeping the scooter on the ground. We recommend that you leave your scooter, you do it in a sheltered place.
- In very strong winds we recommend unzipping a door to allow the wind to vent through. In severe conditions open both doors and secure them for maximum venting.