Choosing the correct mobility scooter canopy is very important. Mobility scooters may have the same name but if the manufacture can made changes offer time, for example a Pride Colt canopy will not fit a Pride Colt 2 scooter. Please check which exact model scooter you have before you place an order
Clear mobility scooter canopies are the same as the Deluxe style but manufactured with clear vinyl all round, apart from the roof which can be made in any of our Deluxe fabric colours.
All Window canopies are manufactured with large zippered roll up doors on both sides of the canopy. The doors allow for easy access either side, they have attachments at the top for keeping the door up if desired.
The all window canopy has full windows at the back and the front with the added advantage of a roll up back window, so visibility is not impaired . For extra safety the scooter lights are still visible for use at night.
Important Notes: The canopy is supplied flat packed, The price quoted covers the majority of makes & models however occasionally rare or exceptionally large models may incur extra costs which we will clarify before processing your order. Mobility Scooter canopies are made to order & as such cannot be returned unless faulty or damaged in transit
We would always recommend that your canopy is fitted by an engineer or an experienced canopy fitter. If you fit a canopy yourself, the Disability Shop will offer no responsibility for damage caused by an incorrectly fitted canopy.
TAKING CARE WHEN DRIVING
- Rain can reduce your visibility in the Mobility Scooter Canopy In severe weather conditions please reduce speed.
- A cloth can reduce some of the excess water or condensation on the PVC.of the Mobility Scooter Canopy
- At night some drivers can experience problems with light reflecting back off the front screen from their headlights. Make sure that adjustable headlights are angled down and drive with the tiller angled further forward.
- Remember that if you get off your scooter in strong winds, your body weight will no longer be keeping the scooter on the ground. We recommend that you leave your scooter, you do it in a sheltered place.
- In very strong winds we recommend unzipping a door to allow the wind to vent through. In severe conditions open both doors and secure them for maximum venting.